Friday, May 14, 2010

Wasabi....does it taste like nail polish remover to anyone else?

I love spicy food, but to me, Wasabi tastes exactly like nail polish remover. Agree or disagree?Wasabi....does it taste like nail polish remover to anyone else?
You crazy young kids are huffing nail polish remover?





I don't know what nail polish remover taste like, but wasabi taste very much like horseradish where the ';hotness'; hits the back of the thoat and clears your sinuses.





In fact, much of the wasabi we buy today is actually horseradish that has been dyed greed... Hence the relate to horseradish.





So I guess I disagree with your statement.


Horseradish/Wasabi is more like a strong mustard (same hot chemical) while nail polish is more of a chemical smell (acetone).Wasabi....does it taste like nail polish remover to anyone else?
Niet
Having had wasabi paste in my mouth and NEVER having had nail-polish remover in my mouth, I cannot honestly compare the tastes. However, I did not notice any olfactory or other similarities with the odor of nail polish remover.
sorry don't know. that is one thing that is to spicy for my tastebuds.
Wasabi provides a type ';heat'; that no other spicy condiment can provide. Its the kind that burns the hell out of your nose/sinuses, yet is gone just as quickly as it came on. No lingering FRIED taste-buds or scrambling with gallons of water to drink. It does, however, have a marked ';citrus'; tang to it which can be quite overwhelming so I understand why your ';buds'; have been questioning whether or not you've just drank nail polish remover. I happen to love wasabi, but it is definitely an acquired taste. If you don't care for it, you don't have to eat it. If you'd like to TRY and eat it again (especially with sushi), try mixing some with light soy sauce. It smooths out the texture/flavor and give the salty soy sauce a kick. Definitely worth a try!
No not at all but, the nasty pink pickled ginger on the side of it on the sushi plate tastes just like nail polish remover. It's just awful!!!!!!!!!!!
It doesn't taste exactly like that to me and though it depends on the kind you get if you get it in the tube it kind of reminds you of rehydrated chalk that's kind of hot and tastes like it has badly mixed powdered sugar in it.
Sorry, disagree.
:) Don't know. Never tasted nail polish remover. lol


I will try and taste the nail polish remover next time I am at wal-mart. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment