Friday, May 14, 2010

Is it wise to start a nail salon in this economic situation?

First off we are not in an economic depression. We are only in recession. This means with the right decisions of our Government we have the chance to get out of it soon. I estimate 2010 we will be back to normal.





People are still opening their own businesses even today, regardless of what is going on. What you want to do is choose the right location in your area where you will be noticed and easy to get to. Picking the right hot spot in your area is so you can gain high volume customer traffic. Offer something in your salon to potential customers other competitors don't already do. Set your prices a little lower at first with prices are subject to change at any time.





If you have the ability to do so, I don't see why not. Don't be like other people who are paranoid and scared and running. It's the media that is causing all this attention and fear. If it helps I'm opening my own business now and I'm excited about it! Not fearing it! Just have the right plan and a back up plan. For instance, if I don't do well in my business I can always sell it.





Hope I helpedIs it wise to start a nail salon in this economic situation?
I suppose most folk would say, wait for a while





but it really depends on where it would be, and who the customers would be





People always will spend money on necessities and the odd little luxury,as they see it





Also January into February are always a tough months for businesses as people are skint after Christmas





maybe wait a while and watch what is happening in other nail salons around your areaIs it wise to start a nail salon in this economic situation?
Right now? No. Since we are in an economic depression, extravagant luxuries are not affordable for those who wish to go. I suggest waiting for things to pick up. Good luck.
I must admit at the moment i do my own nails as I find nail bars a bit on the expensive side.

No comments:

Post a Comment