Friday, May 14, 2010

My thumb nail turned black 3 weeks ago, when is it gonna fall off?

I smashed my thumb when I was returning a 60 pound dumbell back to the rack and it slipped right onto the nail part. this was like a month ago and it still hasn't fallin off yet but it is really black but my thumb isn't swollen or anything and doesn't hurt anymore.My thumb nail turned black 3 weeks ago, when is it gonna fall off?
It might not fall off at all. I broke my toe and the nail was completely black but never fell off. It might just have to grow out normally.My thumb nail turned black 3 weeks ago, when is it gonna fall off?
TRUE STORY: Two summers ago i smashed mynail in a door. It turned immediatl black. Mine pushed out around October.(injured in July.)

Report Abuse



It may be a while, I smashed my thumb at work between a sledge hammer and pavement. The nail went black instantly because there is dried blood under the nail, you have to wait for a new nail to grow from under the old one. Mine took about three and a half months before it was close to normal again. When the new nail starts coming in it will push the old one up, cut as much away with clippers then use the flat tool on most clippers to get as much of the blood out from under there as possible. Its does not feel to good but it speeds up the whole thing, good luck
New one is growing underneath, the smashed one will take long long time to fall off without even realizing by u. Just wait and see..
It'll continue to grow out as healthy nail grows. At some point, the ';dead'; stuff will come off and the new will continue to grow
I think it should come of soon in about 1 week. If not go and see a doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment