Monday, May 10, 2010

After a nail 'detaches' from the nailbed, does it 're-attach' itself?

I have (had) acrylic nails, one of them 'snapped' off halfway and took my natural nail with it...after going to the E.R i was told to 'leave it' there and let my bottom half grow out, as this will push the damaged portion out.. will the 'damaged' portion re-attach itself..? I am afraid to bang my nail and detach it..After a nail 'detaches' from the nailbed, does it 're-attach' itself?
No, it won't re-attach itself. The nail will regrow. The nail will grow from the bottom where the nail bed is.


I have smashed my finger before and the whole nail came unattached except for a pea sized area on the side and the nail eventually fell off and it regrew from the nail bed.After a nail 'detaches' from the nailbed, does it 're-attach' itself?
No, it'll grow back.

No comments:

Post a Comment