Friday, May 14, 2010

Do you think it's possible of being in an actual habit of taking things too seriously? Just like nail biting?

I wonder if that's what it is for me. I'm trying to lighten up a little and enjoy myself, but it's hard. How can I tell if it's just a habit I need to get out of. I don't think I'm depressed or anything.Do you think it's possible of being in an actual habit of taking things too seriously? Just like nail biting?
Sure it's a habit -- or a ';tendency,'; if you like. Everyone has tendencies. Many can't take things seriously when they should -- that's their tendency. Some have to constantly ';catastrophize,'; or see the negative side of things, or obsess over security, etc.





When I'm considering how seriously to take a certain issue, I ask myself, ';How will it actually affect me?'; If the answer is, ';It won't,'; or ';Very little,'; what's the point of getting worked up over it? If it will affect me, then do the right thing and move on.Do you think it's possible of being in an actual habit of taking things too seriously? Just like nail biting?
yeah im sure its just a state of mind and Im sure it definitely a habit...being serious can be good, ppl to take everything as a joke can be shallow and insensitvie and annoying.


I have been told by an ex that he wished I took things less seriously....I was actually quite depressed at the time, now I am less depressed I take things less seriously, BUT I do think that feeling miserable was a habit on my part, I was unable to crack a joke or be spontaneous, and I had to take his comments to heart and make an effort....that was in april this yr, and now I am seeing results, so dont pressure urself, it takes time, bt u can def. do it. He even said I seemed so much happier and more jokey recently, so I know it can be done!
When I was a teenager I had the bad habit of popping my knuckles. I did it in school before a test or big exam. I would do it at home if I thought I was in trouble. I was not depressed or anything, it was just a nervous habit. Still is today.

No comments:

Post a Comment