Thursday, January 21, 2010

My dog tore her nail off the quick. what can I give her for pain? or is there some way I can bandage it up?

she won't let anyone near her foot, and she's in terrible pain.My dog tore her nail off the quick. what can I give her for pain? or is there some way I can bandage it up?
Nothing you can do for her pain unless you take her to the vet. There are no OTC drugs you can give your dog. The vet might be a good idea since the he/she could clean and wrap it properly. If not cleaned well there is always the possibility of infection. I hope all works out well for you.My dog tore her nail off the quick. what can I give her for pain? or is there some way I can bandage it up?
Bandage probably won't stay on her. They actually sell a liquid called Kwik Stop for when you accidently cut a sogs nail to short and it bleeds I would use that. And as far as the pain goes you can always give a dog baby asprin, the easiest way to adminster it is the dunk it in peanut butter and let it slide down her throat.
NEOSPORIN!!!


it will prevent infection and take away the sting...


i dont think you can really bandage it up, and it definately wouldn't be comfortable for your dog...


just make her rest a while, like not going outside unless she needs to pee or something...let her jump on the couch and lay with you...put her to distract her.
You need to take her to the vet, they will be able to bandage her foot, and give her something for the pain. A vet will also ensure that it does not get infected.



if you put flour on the nail it will stop the bleeding as for the pain you can take her to a vet to get some pain medicine or it usually stops hurting in a couple hours
Bandage it up carfully, If the dog seems to be in alot of pain (which it will) I highly recommend you take it to the vet or just keep and eye on him and let him rest!



my dog does that a lot we put a sock over it and then tape it tight with strong tape and give him lots of water and replace the sock every one to two hours if it doesnt stop take her to the vet pronto
Get some gauze or just something that you would use to cover big cuts and wrap it up but be sure it is getting air so it can heel and watch it so it doesnt get infected.
http://www.school-for-champions.com/anim鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment