Saturday, January 23, 2010

How long does it take for the nail to come back...?

My nail fell off when i fell up concrete stairs. There is absolutely no nail what-so-ever. How long will it take for the nail to grow back(so it is just a ';short nail';)... and how long will it take to completely come back... is there anything I should do to keep it clean? Thank you!!!!How long does it take for the nail to come back...?
It takes about 9-12mo for a toenail to come back and about 6-9mo for a finger nail to come back. In the meantime, keep the area covered with Neosporin and a band-aid until the new nail starts growing in. You can also soak the area with warm water and 2 tablespoons of Epsom salts. Hope this helps!How long does it take for the nail to come back...?
I Had to have mine removed. It was November when I had it removed and it had completely grown back by June. I got married in June and was worried because it was a beach wedding and I was barefoot. About 6 months or so before it looked okay.
My big toenail fell off last summer...it took about 6 weeks to get a ';stub'; of a toenail... :)... and about 10 months to grow back completely.
My son lost his toe nail about 2 weeks ago and it is already growing back, it shouldn't take to much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment