Thursday, January 21, 2010

It possible to grow back the nail bed after its been bitten for a couple of years?

ive bitten them since i was little but stopped in the 5th grade


is it possible it would grow longer if i dont bite itIt possible to grow back the nail bed after its been bitten for a couple of years?
It is possible. It might be abit uneven but it is possible.


I know from experience :(It possible to grow back the nail bed after its been bitten for a couple of years?
The answer to your question should be yes, if you haven't damaged the matrix where-from the nail originates. Curing myself of nail baiting habits involved the purchase of a manicure kit and taking the time to invest my own energies into manicuring my own nails. I went all the way up to buffing the surface to a nice gloss...not as far as the lacquer; but, I did use the under the nail whitener a couple of times. Point is: while I haven't given myself a full manicure in quite a while, I haven't bitten my nails in years and routinely clip and file them once a week, rather than bite them down to the quick as a nervous habit.
it will always be deformed
Absolutely. The cuticle is the only area where new growth occurs. As long as the cuticle isn't damaged, then you can always anticipate growth. Nothing will make them grow faster, but you could try things to prevent you from biting them such as the special nail polish that tastes bitter if you attempt to chew them, and I've also hear of gelatin strengthening your nails and hair from the inside out, so eating a little bit of Jello now and again wouldn't hurt. If you can't find the nail polish, a home remedy of painting your nails with household kitchen vinegar has shown to be very useful for decades (my grandmother used to do that when she was young). Good luck growing those beautiful nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment